Each year ERLL fields many questions regarding procedures, requirements and administration. In hopes of providing continuing members and those considering joining ERLL with answers to these questions, this FAQ page was developed to answer some of the more common questions posed. If after reading this page, you still have unanswered questions please do not hesitate to contact us!
1. How much does it cost to play?
Answer: Please review here – https://www.erlittleleague.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/erll-flyer-2019-web.pdf
- Please inquire about our 3rd+ player discount where we cut $65 off per player!
2. How do I know if my child is eligible to play in this league?
Answer: Please review here – https://www.erlittleleague.com/who-is-eligible/
3. Can I request my child to be on a team with their friends?
Answer: To be honest we do our best here as we know part of the fun is to have all players play on the same teams with their friends! Part of the goal of the league is to blend teams based on skill, age and grade so this may not always be possible. We ask that you please understand this part of the registration and team selection period and its difficulty and please be flexible. If there are extenuating circumstances please contacts us at firstname.lastname@example.org as needed.
4. When is Opening Day?
Answer: Opening Day can vary from year to year but it is typically within the first 2 weeks of April each year.
5. What days and times do practices take place?
Answer: Practice times and locations can vary per age group. See below for more specifics.
- List of field locations for all practices – https://www.erlittleleague.com/field-locations/
- Your coach for your player will notify you as soon as available what days, times and locations practices will take place.
- Practices will be at minimum 1 day per week for all players.
- Some practices will be on the weekend and/or weekday evenings.
- Practices begin on or around April 1.
6. What days and times do games take place?
Answer: Games times and locations can vary per age group. See below for more specifics.
- List of the 2018 games schedules for reference planning – https://www.erlittleleague.com/game-schedules/
- List of field locations for all games – https://www.erlittleleague.com/field-locations/
- T-ball and Clinic players will only play on Saturday mornings between 8 am and 9 am once a week for 10 weeks. The times can vary but it is an hour each week!
- We will publish each year’s game schedules in March or very early April. They are published at this time since schedules cannot be determined until the season registration is over in early March.
- Games generally begin on the third Saturday in April.
- Weekday games may be scheduled to start between 5:00pm and 7:00 pm for the non T-ball and Clinic divisions.
- Weekend games are scheduled throughout the day.
7. What equipment is needed to play?
- Please make sure that ALL equipment is clearly labeled with your players first and last name so none get lost! There tends to be similar equipment purchased so we want to make sure everyone keeps their own!
- For the T-ball and Clinic players we do provide bats, balls and helmets. Due to varied field conditions we do recommend all T-ball and Clinic players to where sneakers that are okay to get dirty and/or wet. Cleats for this age group is not necessary!
- There are new official Little League bat rules in place since 2018 so please be aware of this when purchasing your own bats – https://www.littleleague.org/playing-rules/bat-rules/
- All players are responsible for bringing their own gloves to all leagues games and practices.
- All players should only wear rubber cleats!
- We do also have full catchers gear to be used as needed.
- It is not mandatory for facemasks to be worn on the field but some of the softball players do wear them. We do strongly recommend for those players that are pitching.
8. Is there an additional cost for the uniform?
Answer: As part of your registration cost a full uniform including a hat, jersey, pants, belt (older players) and socks are provided! We do have a planned day where we will allow players to exchange jerseys or pants for larger or smaller sizes. This date will vary each year.
9. How do I learn about key dates for each season’s events?
Answer: We will post all events on our facebook page as well on our websites homepage! Our website is the best place for all information as needed. Please visit https://www.erlittleleague.com as needed!
10. What are the game rules so I understand how each game is managed?
Answer: Please review here as it varies per division – https://www.erlittleleague.com/league-rules/
11. Is playing in ERLL safe?
Answer: Yes! ERLL has strict safety requirements to minimize and manage injuries. All volunteer Coaches are required to have CPR/AED certifications and will have general background checks. Please help us by reminding all players of the need to be safe on and off the field especially when dealing with bats and balls!
12. For new & young players what can I expect when they start to play?
Answer: Please review here! – https://www.erlittleleague.com/baseball/